Installation of driver for RS232 build with CH340 chip serial cable and adapter is not easy in some cases and for some people. In this tutorial I will show how to install drivers for USB to RS232 Serial Cable, USB to RS232 adapter with images and video.
Please follow the simple step by step instructions for successful installation of drivers for USB to RS232.
- Download drivers USB to RS232 Converter.
- Extract the zip folder on desktop or somewhere in computer.
- Connect USB port of RS232 cable in computer (If you are using Windows 10 then driver will be installed automatically.)
- Right click on Computer (My Computer) from your desktop and then click on Properties a new window will pop up and select Device Manager.
- Right click on Unknown Device from list and click on Update driver software and then click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- From the next window click on browse and select the driver folder you extract on desktop or wherever in your computer and click Next button.
- That’s it. Your driver for USB to RS232 will be installed successfully and a new device will show in device manager with name CH340.