CH341A is an USB interface chip that can emulate UART communication, standard parallel port interface, parallel communication and synchronous serial (I2C, SPI).
CH341A is used by some cheap memory programmers. The IC is somehow limited in this configuration, because the programmer makes use only of the SPI and I2C interface. A popular device is the so-called “CH341A MiniProgrammer” that you can buy for Rs. 450 from techcart.pk.
Click to Buy CH341A Programmer in Pakistan
CH341A Software & Driver.
The problem is that this device comes as-is, without any documentation or software. Drivers are available from manufacturer’s website (but the site is written in Chinese). Also, some source codes are available from Manufacturer. But, first of all, let’s have a look at the hardware.
The manufacturer provides a lot of useful things on the product page. Here are the files you can find and what they contain (the first two are the ones you need):
- CH341SER.EXE – self installing archive with USB to serial driver.
- CH341PAR.EXE – self installing archive with multi-protocol interface driver (this one is for the programmer mode)
- CH341SER.ZIP – archive containing driver files and serial API and library (you don’t need specific API for standard serial port, but it contains some special functions to get IC version etc.)
- CH341PAR.ZIP – archive containing driver files for interface mode and API (header and library to access the device and use any protocol you want).
- CH341PAR_LINUX.ZIP – archive containing Linux driver source code and Linux API
- CH341SER_LINUX.ZIP – Linux driver source code for serial port (don’t need this one, it’s already included in kernels)
- CH341EVT.ZIP – some source code and tools written to be used with an evaluation board (may be useful for programming software that can access this device)
- CH341DS1.PDF – datasheet, in Chinese
- CH341DS2.PDF – some additional info and API documentation, in Chinese
- CH341DP.ZIP – contains an ISP programming tool?
- CH341DPS.ZIP – probably similar to the above, but requires login to download.
A regular user only needs the first two. Just double click on each of them and when the dialog appears click on Install. Next thing you’ll need is software. You can download it from here.
Devices to be used with CH341A Programmer.
CH341A programmer is complete package a user can done work with accessories provided with this programmer but in some conditions you may need some additional accessories like SOIC8 Test Clip or different type of adapter. SOIC8 Socket Clip is very useful you can program IC without removing chip from motherboard which is also available in stock.
Manual Installation of Driver & Software for CH341A Mini USB Programmer.
Please follow the video for the installation of drivers manually CH341A Mini USB SPI Programmer.